The other day I went grocery shopping and honestly just bought some food that looked good and figured out that I would figure out what to do with it all later. My purchases included cauliflower, tomatoes, chicken and essentials like eggs, bread, etc.
I looked up some ways to cook cauliflower in Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything. I was drawn to an Indian-spiced braised cauliflower recipe so I decided to amend it a bit and ended up with this recipe.
- Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 chicken breast
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and spices and cook until fragrant. About 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, tomatoes and water. Cover the skillet and stir every 4 minutes or so, for 12 minutes.
- While the vegetables are braising, cook the pasta until al dente. Follow the instructions on your favorite type of pasta.
- Also, season the chicken breast with your favorite seasonings and cook in olive oil. (I chose salt, pepper, oregano, thyme and rosemary.)
- When everything is cooked, combine, adding the braising liquids to the pasta as well as a sauce. Top with Parmesan Cheese and enjoy!