While home recently my cousin’s good friend brought over THE best cookies and I asked her for the recipe. She told me it was from some blog, she didn’t remember which one but that they were called Orange Creamsicle Cookies. So I googled and found this recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything. The cookies were perfect and delicious. Think of an orange creamsicle popsicle and well you’ve got it! Basically orange + white chocolate, enjoy!
Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (from 2 oranges)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and chips.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Do not flatten cookies; it will make them dry. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Do not overcook. Cookies will be plump. Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.