I have now watched the first 5 episodes of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and I really like it! He got better as the week went on, obviously growing more comfortable with the camera and studio audience.
Things I liked:
- Skits with the guests (like with De Niro and Trump)
- Bon Jovi singing karoake
- The Roots
- His announcer Steve Higgins
- Justin Timberlake
- 7th Floor West (His own Reality Show)
- Dance-off with Cameron Diaz
- His ability to play off the audience and guests
- When the Canadian guy was elected Audience President
- The fact that Jimmy Fallon is totally adorable-it’s true, you know it! He also can laugh at himself which is fantastic
- Diversity in musical guests-Van Morrison to Santigold to Ludacris
- Having a chef on late night-that is new! (And the safety goggles!)
Things I didn’t like (as much):
- Facebook status updates
- The fact that Jimmy wore mainly black/grey suits-add some color!
- I don’t understand the bowling thing he does during the monologue (I don’t not like it, I just don’t get it)
- Sometimes Lick it For 10…I have mixed feelings
- The monologue needs a little help
I know some people are hating a bit because they miss Conan but Jimmy’s comedic style is totally different-he’s kinda awkward, he’s quirky and cute. It’s also the first week so the show is going to evolve, it can only get better. My tivo is set up to record the season-and well, I can’t wait to watch!!! YAY JIMMY!!!