I guess you could say I went on a little Mexican food binge. I will blame the fact that I had avocados left and really wanted some more guac. I also had tortillas and Corona. Hence, more Mexican food! I make up my own recipe for my Chicken Fajitas, which I alter every time I cook them, and serve differently too. I will attempt to write out what I did for you, apologies for my lack of times, but first, the final product:
Recipe after the jump.
Jessica’s Chicken Fajitas
- Vegetable Oil
- Chili Powder
- Chicken Cutlets
- Red Bell Pepper
- Your favorite salsa (I used Paul Newman’s Mango Salsa this time)
- Pour enough Vegetable Oil into a medium size frying pan to cover the bottom. Sprinkle salt, pepper, chili powder and paprika in oil to your liking.
- Chop half an onion and add to pan. Turn heat to medium and saute.
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces, think of how big you want the pieces for your tacos. Add to pan. Cook for a few minutes on both sides.
- Chop bell pepper and add to pan. Also add about 1/4 jar of salsa. Turn heat down to medium-low, cover and let simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve with Guacamole (below), Cheese, Lettuce and more salsa if you desire.
- Grape Tomato
- Cut one avocado into small pieces. Mash in bowl with a spoon/fork/whatever utensil works best.
- Cut cilantro roughly, add to avocado.
- Chop tomato into small pieces, add to bowl.
- Squeeze one lime into bowl. Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Mix all the ingredients together, mashing the avocado more, until everything is mixed in.
- Tip: If you have pomegranate seeds, add them, it makes guac even better!
That’s it! Super simple. Tell me what you think. Enjoy!