As 2011 comes to an end I thought I would look back at what an incredible year it has been. I started the year engaged, working and living in NYC and ended married to my best friend/best man in the world and about to start a new job in Washington state. A lot has happened, so here some of the highlights:
- My wedding. I blogged a lot about my wedding planning, which was so much fun! All of the hard work and stress led to our perfect day. And I’m sure every bride says that about their day, but we truly had the best weather, the best location, amazing vendors and a day that we will talk about for the rest of our lives.
- Food Trucks. I set out a mission to go to all of the NYC Food Trucks before I moved. I definitely didn’t accomplish that, but I did visit a lot. I really miss them now that I’m not in the city, but I think my wallet is happy that I eat at home a lot more now. The trucks I crave most: Wafels & Dinges and Taim Mobile.
- Moving. I moved twice. I hate moving. Ugh. But fortunately they really weren’t that bad. The worst part was packing up my stuff in New York and moving it down 5 flights of stairs. Fortunately my in-laws drove it to Arizona so James and I could honeymoon. And the second move: let’s just say that I am only moving with the Army from now on. They came in, packed everything up, delivered and unpacked/took away the boxes. It was amaaaazing.
- Lots of travel adventures. We went to the Virgin Islands for our honeymoon. Explored Southern Arizona. And ended the year with a drive up the Pacific Ocean. Truly beautiful parts of the world.
- Cooking lots of delicious food. From simple dinners to tasty pastries, I just really enjoyed using my kitchen (and post-marriage: all of those wonderful wedding registry gifts)!
I am excited to embark on a new life in the Seattle-Tacoma area. I was fortunate to keep my NYC job and telecommute for 6 months but now that we’re settled in, it was time for a job in a local office, and to move forward with my career. I miss New York City and magazines dearly but mainly the friends that I made along the way. My next job: writing for the Northwest Guardian, the installation paper at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
I will still be blogging about my travels, food adventures and some wedding stuff thrown in (I believe that we’ll be getting invites to at least 5 weddings this year, most of them are family too). 2012 will start a whole new adventure in my life but I can’t wait for everything that’s on our plate to begin! Also: I’m officially switching to Jessica Hall in the new year, the blog should be redirected automatically (I’m still figuring out the logistics of it all).
Happy New Year! Thanks for reading and I hope you all have an incredible 2012!